Art is a therapy and the best form of meditation to connect with your inner self. Mindful Intuitions is a journey into the unknown realms of our being, our pure existence, through the medium of art. Connecting with our true selves, opening the delicate petals of our enriched soul one by one while experiencing the immense inner strength. I’m a thinker and creator passionate about spreading my love for colours and textures while practicing mindfulness – the art of living in the moment and experiencing deep inner peace.
Intuition is the inner voice which we all have whether we hear it or not is our choice. It always steers us in the right direction and that is what makes it very important to clear the clutter in our minds so that we can listen to our intuitions with clarity. The key here is to keep on nurturing our intuitions by being aware of its existence and by practicing mindfulness. Mindful Intuitions are a powerhouse of energy which can steer our lives in the right direction through awareness of unawareness.
I create soulful paintings that reflect the call of my heart at that specific moment. I let go of my fears and lend wings to my creativity while I mindfully watch its flight that usually takes me to unexplored deepest layers of my thoughts. When I finally splatter paint on the blank canvas, I feel a renewed passion and joy flowing through my veins calming down every nerve of my mind and heart, experiencing immense relief from the bodily pains and reaching a state of meditation through mindful art. My paintings reflect my state of mind at that specific moment. The textures, the glitter, the colours, the brushes, my intuitions – they all speak to me and that’s what inspires me to create one-of-its-kind meaningful art. Each piece that I create is unique in its own way just like all of us are.
In the daily hustle bustle of life, we often forget to take a pause and enjoy the moment. We all, at times, lose hope and look up to each other for some inspiration to carry on. Through my artwork, I provide that much-needed inspiration and motivation to keep on moving. That boost of positivity that we all need, that source of inspiration that we know would help us gather ourselves up to face life as it comes is found in my artwork that speaks volumes. Almost all of my paintings have a touch of sparkle through the use of metallics or glitter as I believe that we all need a little sparkle in our lives to alleviate our souls.
Every soul has its own mantra; we all need to recognize our mantra and paint it! Life is beautiful with each moment filled with mindfulness, embracing our own creativity, painting our own Mindful Intuitions.
With Mindful Intuitions, possibilities are endless…..
Pooja Grover is an acrylic mixed media artist, a creator of mindful moments, currently living in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. While Pooja has been creating art in various forms throughout her life, it was not until recently that she started practicing mindfulness – the art of living in the moment and experiencing deep inner peace; and discovered art as a vehicle which enhances creativity, alleviates pain, promotes clarity of mind, increases focus and promotes mental health.
Art helped her bring affirmation in her life that she is a peaceful soul on a long journey and the only way she can bring happiness in this so-called journey of life is by living in the present moment through mindfulness drawing inspiration from her current state of mind and her inner self while adding creativity to her Mindful Intuitions.
Pooja believes that art is a therapy and the best form of meditation to connect with your inner self. Through mindful art she reinvents herself every time she holds her brush and splashes colours on a blank canvas while drifting away into another world, pausing her thoughts and experiencing the beauty in the present moment. She creates soulful paintings that reflect the call of her heart at that specific moment. She let go of her fears lending wings to her creativity while mindfully watching its flight that usually takes her to unexplored deepest layers of her thoughts. When she finally creates interesting textures and splatters paint on the blank canvas, she feels a renewed passion and joy flowing through her veins calming down every nerve of her mind and heart, experiencing immense relief from the bodily pains and reaching a state of meditation and higher consciousness through mindful art.
Pooja creates unique pieces of art using various colours and textures; listening to her soul and understanding the magic of creative thinking. Almost all of her paintings have a touch of sparkle through the use of metallics as she believes that we all need a little sparkle in our lives to alleviate our souls. She believes that everything done in awareness is right; each theme that she works on, each colour that she chooses, each texture that she creates and every hint of sparkle that she adds to her mindful art help create a magical and blissful moment of self-awareness – a state of mind that can be achieved through meditation. Mindful Intuitions is meditation for her!
“Intuitions are powerhouse of energy and positivity… Awaken them… Trust them… Express them through mindful creativity… “ – Pooja Grover
- Juror for OIFFA Bollywood Poster Competition for Youths, Ottawa – June 2018 (Mentions: https://www.weeklyvoice.com/bhasmasur-wins-best-feature-film-at-the-2nd-at-ottawa-film-festival)
- Interview on CKCU FM 93.1, Asian Sounds – October 2018 (Archival Link: https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/91/39792.html)
- ‘Intuitive Imaginations’ (acrylic mixed media painting) was accepted into the WCAS’s 2019 Spring Fling Juried Show
- Art featured on CBC during ArohaFest 2019 Art Exhibition – September 2019 (Archival Link: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/info/videos/media-8151694/bulletin-nouvelles-vendredi-20-septembre-2019)
- May 2018 – Kanata Art Club Spring Show and Sale (Ottawa)
- May 2018 – Tulip Festival (At Aberdeen Pavilion, Ottawa)
- July 2018 – Foyer Gallery (Ottawa)
- August 2018 – South Asian Art Festival (At City Hall, Ottawa)
- September 2018 – ArohaFest (At Shenkman Arts Centre, Ottawa)
- November 2018 – Kanata Art Club $100 and Under Show and Sale (Ottawa)
- March 2019 – West Carleton Art Society Spring Fling 2019 Juried Show (At Kanata Civic Art Gallery, Ottawa)
- May 2019 – Stittsville Pop-Up Art Sale (At Stittsville Legion)
- May-June 2019 – Zolas Restaurant (Ottawa)
- July-October 2019 – West Carleton Family Health Team clinic Display Space (Carp)
- August 2019 – Focus is Art (South Asian Art Festival – At City Hall, Ottawa)
- September 2019 – ArohaFest 2019 (At Shenkman Arts Center, Ottawa)
- Upcoming in November – Wall Candy 2019 at Aberdeen Pavilion
Kanata Art Club $100 and Under Show and Sale